RE: FT-847 discontinued?

As an early user of the SDR-1000, I would mention the
following....

The processing delay is directly proportional to the speed of
you PC's processor. With a 1.8Ghz CPU there is a definite
delay between the signal as heard on a conventional Rx (FT-
847, TS-2000) and as heard on the SDR-1000.

For full duplex you would need a SDR-1000 transceiver AND a
separate SDR-1000 receiver.

That would run about an estimated $1500 - $2000 plus whatever
the dedicated PC costs.

Dave KK7SS