Re: FT-847 discontinued?

On 14 Dec 2005 at 18:57, Jim Jerzycke wrote:

> AES has it listed as "Out of Stock", HRO, Burghardt,
> and Texas Towers don't list it anymore, and Universal
> Radio has it as "Discontinued". It would be nice if
> Chip Margelli or someone could issue a statement.
> Jim  KQ6EA
>
> --- Dave hartzell <hartzell@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I think Universal Radio here in the U.S. has it
> > listed as discontinued
> > on their retail web site...
> >
> > Dave, N0TGD

Last time i checked the FT-847 was still available at some ham retailer in
Canada and here locally. I can check and confirm with our local retailer here
privatly "off list" if i received some request.

With the present USD VS CND shrinking conversion rate (The lowsest in 14 years)
don't wait to long for your cross the border buys. There is actually 13%
between both currency. (i remember paying up to 32% not too many years ago)

BTW i saw a FT-847 at some hamfest here (about 90 minutes from the border)the
last one i remember was at 1300cnd and as usual open to discussion...

"-"
that holds the license."

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
AMSAT 33583