RE: Obsolete Transistor Needed

 I've been out of town, thus my belated comment.

I suppose there may be many reasons for a US trader (on e-bay or just
e-mail seller) to avoid selling outside the US.  Bad experience on a
particular trade may sour the individual.  Or they do not want to go the
extra effort to determine international shipping costs and customs issues
(though that is normally the responsibility of the recipient, not the
shipper).  I have made several international trades on e-bay or from e-mail
listings succesfully.  Shipping in/out of Japan is especially expensive for
some reason.  I usually inquire from the buyer if he knows of any customs
issues (or manner to bypass).  Often sending the item marked "gift" is the
key to help the buyer avoid customs.  Marking the contents "amateur radio
parts" is another.  It varies with destination, so I also think a lot of US
sellers are just not willing to make the extra effort...their loss!

I have had only one issue with a lost (in the mail) Postal-MO and that took
6-months for reimbursement from the US Postal Service (their policy).  I
either ask for money orders (in US funds) or use PayPal.  PayPal is
especially nice for both parties as the money transaction is conducted fast
and secure.  The both seller and buyer have some confidence in the
transaction.  I always review the buyer or sellers record on e-bay... if I
am unsure then I do not go ahead with the transaction (don't bid if buying
or cancelling the sale if selling).  BTW I have never had to cancel a sale.

I think ham radio transactions are by the whole better integrity than
mainstream selling/buying.
BTW I really dislike that a seller is unwilling to sell outside the 48
states since I am in Alaska.  Priority Mail is flat rate in the whole
US...some sellers want only to use UPS or FedEx which makes my shipping
triple (but I always ask in advance of buying about the seller's conditions
for shipping.  Often they are willing to make an exception...if not then I
do not buy).

In the end result, you vote with your cash...the unbending trader loses!
my two cents on this subject...you can check my e-bay record by looking up
al7eb.
73's,
Ed - KL7UW