RE: FT-847 discontinued?

James,

My understanding is that some of the key parts, especially the final
amplifier transistors, are becoming scarce and expensive.  No announcement
when, or if, a replacement will be available.  I don't know how long the run
was for the FT-736, but the FT-847 had a reasonably long production run,
compared to the life of most other models.  A great rig.  No telling when
Yaesu will purge it from their sites.

Alan
WA4SCA