Re: 6 Buck S-band Downconverter results and question

I have not worked S band yet, but when I did work the recent L/U mode, I
noted the same that you did about the signal.  When the bird came in
view the noise modulated level came up on the S meter as with an open/no
squelch control.  My guess is we are spoiled by our planet bound
repeaters that have COR, TAIL TIMER, PL and other options to make
monitoring easy for the control ops.   L/U mode did not require the 67
Hz CTCSS and a suspect the S band mode does not either.

73,
Jim
ps:  Hoping Santa has an S-band goodie for me.