Re: Obsolete Transistor Needed

At 07:14 PM 12/14/2005, G8IFF/KC8NHF wrote:
>Andrew Glasbrenner wrote:
>

>>If you get shipped a box of rocks instead of a radio, you are out of luck.
>
>Amateurs on an e-mail list should be able to trust one another.

My experience is mostly positive.  I have also purchased an item from
another ham on this list, which went well.  Now all I have to do is
put it into service. ;)

>>There are customs hassles, shipping hassles,
>
>Take it to the post office. They will sort it.

Until the value reaches a certain level, Customs here aren't usually
a big issue, unless the item is valuable, like a transceiver, then
the recipient gets slugged with taxes.  Quarantine can be an issue,
but one which is highly unlikely to affect the types of goods hams
usually order. ;)

>>a bigger transit time,

73 de VK3JED
http://vkradio.com