RE: Obsolete Transistor Needed

> Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Obsolete Transistor Needed
>
> It's an American thing... a fear of anything outside of their own
> country.
> Just look at the number of Americans that advertise items for sale, both
>
> here and on E-bay, and stipulate that they will sell ONLY
> to the 48 states.
>  What's the problem of trading with other countries?

Not exactly it is a problem with some Americans eg:

> Excessive shipping charges, the Nigerian Scam, etc.

To be fair lets say it is a problem with 50% of them. I even buy time to time
those items "not shippable" outside US after asking the seller if he can bend a
bit on his politics... i say on politics:)

And often the seller agree but the fear to have to charge excessive shipping
charges and the fear to get bad reports from buyers can explain the reasoning
of some!

On the other end it can be hazardous to shipped anywhere any place as we all
know postal services mileage may vary!

I remember receiving an old TR-9000G from Japan who cost me 50$ in shipping but
after a friday evening money transfer i was completely astonish to get the
radio the next monday 8((

"-"
that holds the license."

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE