From: owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org]On
Behalf Of Ronald Long
Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2005 8:11 AM
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Obsolete Transistor Needed

We are trying to repair a 2m pre-amp and need an MGF1200 FET.
Some Google searches say that MGF1302 is satisfactory replacement.
Down East catalog says MGF1902B is replacement for MGF1302 and they have it.
Other searches only show sites with large minimums or located outside USA.

So - does anyone have an MGF1200 or MGF1302 in their junkbox?
Has anyone used the MGF1902B to replace MGF1200?
Can we substitute without having NF meter for retuning the pre-amp.

Thanks for any advice.
ron w8gus.