dual 706 satellite station

Hi Amsats,

I received my Icom 706 MKI yesterday, and had a chance to
try out the CI-V 2.5 program from John Wilson, KN4HX.
http://www.amsat.org/amsat/ftp/software/PC/radio-control/ci-v25.zip

I found that this software does much more than emulate the
CT-16 satellite interface!

It will also allow you to save memory channels to disk, modify memories, etc
and write this info to the rig.

The CT-16 emulator feature seems to work great w/ my rigs.
I set up my two 706s on the same MAX232 interface and
had them doing reverse tracking in a matter of minutes. I didn't try forward
tracking, although I'm sure it'll work too..

I look forward to trying a QSO on VO-52 or FO-29 using this software.

73,

Kyle Yoksh
K0KN
Olathe, Kansas