re: AO-40

This is perhaps a frequently asked question...

>> Is it [conceivable] to point another bird at AO-40 and get a picture of it?
>> Maybe then some answers would be known.

Space is a rather large place and the probability of an amateur satellite
coming close enough for a photograph is extremely small.  And i doubt we
even have a satellite with suitable resolution to tell us what might have
happened from even a 100 feet (30m) away.  The only group who MIGHT be able
to get a vaguely meaningful picture would be some intelligence organization
(probably U.S.)  and they certainly wouldn't want to disclose their optical
capabilities by releasing such a picture to anyone not having a very high
security clearance.

And that would only show its current state and not tell us whether we had one
incident or two.