Re: AO-51 DX-by-mail

Bruce has some interesting points here....

Maybe it would be best to send the gear to a university or engineering
department, at a school in the target area.  The department is probably more
responsible, will take better care of the gear and know how to operate it
(or at least figure it out faster).

If the goal is to reach out to younger children, to interest them in science
and technology, then the university department should be the one interested
in outreach.  They could foster one-on-one relationships that last longer
than the time a radio is received in the mail, to when it needs to be sent
back...

My $0.02.  ~Dave  N0TGD