----Messaggio originale----
Da: g0nzo@amsat.org
Data: 6-dic-
2005 10.52 AM
A: <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Ogg: [amsat-bb] Re:AO51 fading

On the few occasions that I have listened to the S band downlink, I
have
been using a hand held RHC helix. I had noticed the deep fades and
that I
could often then re-aquire the signal off the side of the
antenna (first
side lobe). This suggests that the signal may be coming
down LHC.
Makes me wonder if a linear polarised antenna may be a better
choice for S
band RX. Given the strong signals, I can't see the 3dB
penalty being
significant. (I've not yet tried the L band uplink, so I
can't comment on
that.)

Jules
G0NZO

From: Andrew Glasbrenner
<glasbrenner@mindspring.com>
For clarification, is the fading on the
uplink or downlink signal? There
would be no explanation (that I can
see) for any difference in the downlink,
but remember the uplink is on
a different antenna for L than for V. The same
antenna seems to have
some spin fade on S, in my personal
observations/opinion. So...it
wouldn't surprise me if it exhibited some
periodic fades on L too...
73, Drew KO4MA
----
Sent via amsat-bb@amsat.org. Opinions expressed are
those of the author.
Not an AMSAT member? Join now to support the
amateur satellite program!
To unsubscribe, send "unsubscribe amsat-bb"
to Majordomo@amsat.org