Re: quick survey

Hi.

The IC910 seems to be coming out ahead in the survey.

Only known negative on this transceiver is the large amount of transmitted
phase noise.
Not a major problem for satellite operations, but worth considering if you
want to operate 1296 and live in an urban area with other 23cm stations close
by.

73

David

dguimon1@san.rr.com writes:

>I'm  looking for a 2/70 transceiver that will work cross band  for
>satellites.  What are you using?  LIke/dislike etc.  Thanks

Bob,

The Icom 910H (or IC821H) hands down!!!

A  group of us got together at my station several years ago, tried all
modes,  on the satellites, provided instant switching for four
different brand  satellite capable radios, one of them on loan from
HRO, and I think the  owners of two of the brands wished they had
purchased the ICOM!  AO  40 was among the satellites used, and two of
the low orbit, one of the  AO7.

Now if that isn't a testimonial, I don't know what  is!!!