From: "Luc Leblanc VE2DWE" <luclebla@sorel-tracy.qc.ca>
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] AO-40
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 00:47:10 -0500

On 29 Nov 2005 at 17:16, Robert McGwier wrote:

   We know from an analysis
 > of the orbital elements following this set of mission ending events that
 > something happened to significantly change the mean motion.  AO-40 is a
 > big spacecraft so it must have been quite a bit of energy.

Can we safely assume that this "something happened to significantly change
the mean motion releasing quite a bit of energy" can be interpreted
at the user end as an EXPLOSION probably due to the connection of a good
battery on a shorted one?

That's this side of engineering world i like.. instead of using one word
they used 13 but the end result is the same BOUM! :). Not really as
there is no sound propagation in space.

"-"
"It is not the class of license the amateur holds, but the class of the
amateur that holds the license."

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
AMSAT 33583
www.qsl.net/ve2dwe