Re: Eggbeaters ?

Dave,
All satllites except for AO-40, spend 2/3rds of their
time below 20 degrees at any one observing station.
The amount of time above 50 degrees is less than
4% of the total time in view.   But when it is above
45 deg, it is almost 10 dB closer to you....  So you
dont need much gain there...

See:  http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/rotator1.html
 de Wb4APR

>>> Dave Hartzell <hartzell@gmail.com> 12/03/05 11:34 PM >>>
Thanks all for the input....

Just one question, why is 15-degrees (or so) the magic number here
for Yagis?   I have an Arrow, and if I mount that at 15 degrees, what
happens when the spacecraft is overhead?  Maybe the beam-width of the
Arrow is wide enough...

Dave