Re: AMSAT-BB-digest V2004 #967

----- Original Message -----
> Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 23:56:58 -0500
> From: "GEORGE ABBOTT"
> Subject: RE: [amsat-bb] HRD and two radios: was dual IC-706 station
>
> Hi:I was told that they lack the necessary sensitivity for SSB signal
> detection in the vhf and uhf bandwidths.

Hi George,

Thanks for the reply. I did some checking, and there is something to what
you've heard. The first generation (MKI) 706 models show .16 uV sensitivity
at 144 MHz with the preamp on.

The spec on my MK2g is .11 uV, same as the IC-910.

Good to know - I had no idea that Icom improved the sensitivity from MKI to
MKIIg.

Under 144 MHz the specs on the two rigs are about the same.

73,

Kyle Yoksh
K0KN
Olathe, Kansas