HRD and two radios: was dual IC-706 station

Bruce Robertson wrote:

Is anyone aware of another program that does linear tracking with two
radios?

Wayne replies:

SatPC32.  One program graphically tracks satellites and tunes two
radios.  I'm not sure if Ham Radio Deluxe does this, but SatPC32 polls
the CAT interface of the radio that you tune, to automatically track the
VFO of the second radio.  Functionally, it turns two radios into a
"satellite transceiver".

George Abbott wrote:

I was told that they [IC-706] lack the necessary sensitivity for SSB
signal detection in the vhf and uhf bandwidths.

Wayne replies:

ALL ham transceivers lack sensitivity in the VHF and UHF bands.  That's
why we use low noise preamplifiers at the antenna when we need to
receive weak signals such as satellites.

Wayne Estes W9AE
Oakland, Oregon, USA