Re: Re: [sarex] NA1SS very active, be grateful.

On 30 Nov 2005 at 14:07, Dave Guimont wrote:

> What does ISS have to do with an Amateur Radio Satellite accomplishment?
>
> It equates to pushing a button on your local repeater....

I wrote on Nov 22

"The last time i heard ISS in this configuration i was submerge under a lot of information
request from folks who wants to know how they can do this "space machine" and if they can work it with their rubber duckies because they hear it
as loud as our local repeater..."

You are right but it's actually the best satellite promoting tool. Easy to use (A real easy sat...) affordable by all and cheap to operate. Try
a demo at your next local club meeting if orbits match. Even the visual spotting of ISS while listening for contacts in the repeater mode is
always a winner.

I remember also hearing that SSTV equipment is actually on ISS just don't know when they will installed it?

"-"
"It is not the class of license the amateur holds, but the class of the amateur that holds the license."

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
AMSAT 33583
www.qsl.net/ve2dwe