Re: Re: [sarex] NA1SS very active, be grateful.

I believe it has quite a bit to do with amateur radio satellites.

Despite the fact that some organizations do not believe that the ISS
is an amateur radio satellite due to it being manned I still think
the ISS still shares many of the challenges that our own satellites
do.  Users still need to understand uplink and downlink channels for
various modes (digital and voice) and there is still the ever present
doppler that must be dealt with.  Even though you can work the ISS
with minimum equipment, you can still employ all the other gadgets
you have installed in the shack for antenna tracking, frequency
control, power management (pre amp, relays, etc.) that you do for
other satellites.

If the additional thrill of talking to an astronaut gets people to
look at the ISS and later satellites, I say GREAT!

-Freeman, N5FPP

On Nov 30, 2005, at 3:07 PM, Dave Guimont wrote:

> Now here's a rhetorical question: (Look that one up if you don't
> know what it means)
>
> What does ISS have to do with an Amateur Radio Satellite
> accomplishment?
>
> It equates to pushing a button on your local repeater....
>

>            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
>                    Disagree: I learn....
>
>               Pulling for P3E... ----
> author.
> program!

"If you are going through hell, keep going."
     -- Sir Winston Churchill

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature which had a name of PGP.sig]