Re: [sarex] NA1SS very active, be grateful.

On 11/30/05, David Barber <david.barber@dbelectronics.co.uk> wrote:
> Excellent idea however it could backfire.  Contacts work well at the moment
> due to the limited number of callers at any one time.  If many more people
> were potentially trying to make contact at the same time it could result in
> no one completing a successful QSO.  One has to remember that whilst we here

I have to agree.  Think about what DX Spotting does on HF.

I hate sound like an old curmudgeon on this, but if you want an ISS
contact take the time to track what is going on for yourself and work
for it.  It will be more satisfying that way.

On the flip side though, I am always happy to see people with new
ideas and excitement about the hobby.  If you want to set up the
mailing list, by all means, go ahead.  If this idea does work out, it
may create ISS voice contact "pileups" which just means that more
people are showing an active interest!

How's that for a diplomatic response? ;-)

--
A.J. Farmer, AJ3U
http://www.aj3u.com