dual IC-706 station

Hello to the list,

I am in the process of upgrading my station, and
have the opportunity to purchase a second
Icom 706.

I currently use an Icom 706 MK2g along with an old
Icom 245 all mode 2 meter only rig.

The second 706 is the original model, HF, 6m and 2m.

Does anyone on the list have experience using dual IC-706 radios for satellite
operation? I'm particularly interested in any trouble I might run into or
disadvantages with such
a setup.

One real advantage I can think of is the ability to hear my
S band downconverters that use 123 MHz as the IF frequency. When I operated
mode U/s on AO-40, I had
to use a downconverter with 144 MHz IF, as my MK2g was
the uplink rig at 435.xxx.

Also, the new rig features CAT control, allowing automatic doppler tuning on
both radios using Ham Radio Deluxe.

Thank you for any thoughts or ideas.

73,

Kyle Yoksh