Re: AO-40

On 29 Nov 2005 at 17:16, Robert McGwier wrote:

  We know from an analysis
> of the orbital elements following this set of mission ending events that
> something happened to significantly change the mean motion.  AO-40 is a
> big spacecraft so it must have been quite a bit of energy.

Can we safely assume that this "something happened to significantly change the mean motion releasing quite a bit of energy" can be interpreted
at the user end as an EXPLOSION probably due to the connection of a good battery on a shorted one?

That's this side of engineering world i like.. instead of using one word they used 13 but the end result is the same BOUM! :). Not really as
there is no sound propagation in space.

"-"
"It is not the class of license the amateur holds, but the class of the amateur that holds the license."

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
AMSAT 33583
www.qsl.net/ve2dwe