Re: AO-40

On 29 Nov 2005 at 17:16, Robert McGwier wrote:

  We know from an analysis
> of the orbital elements following this set of mission ending events that
> something happened to significantly change the mean motion.  AO-40 is a
> big spacecraft so it must have been quite a bit of energy.

Can we safely assume that this "something happened to significantly change the mean motion releasing quite a bit of energy" can be interpreted
at the user end as an EXPLOSION probably due to the connection of a good battery on a shorted one?

That's this side of engineering world i like.. instead of using one word they used 13 but the end result is the same BOUM! :). Not really as
there is no sound propagation in space.

"It is not the class of license the amateur holds, but the class of the amateur that holds the license."

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
AMSAT 33583