PCsat 50% through full Sun period

Today, 29 Nov,  PCsat is 50% (6 days) through
its 12 day full-sun period.  In fact, today, PCsat's
orbit flies almost perfectly over the day/night
line so you you get about equal passes in the
hour before and after sun rise and sunset.

On http://pcsat.aprs.org,  I notice about 45 users
today, and about 72 different calls in the last
2 days.

In 6 days, when PCsat returns to eclipses,
we are usually lucky enough to keep
her from resetting for a few more weeks and
at least daylight operations can continue
normally.  But once it resets, either due to
peak user load  or an SEU, then we lose her
again until the next full sun period in the
first week of March 2006.

PCSAT2 should come back to life on the 1st
of Dec and so we should get some time for
joint dual-hop experiments.

Bob Bruninga, WB4APR
US Naval Academy Satellite Lab