Re: Com ports Re: KPC-4 Dual TNC

Thanks Mark,

I was given a Belkin USB/Serial (two serial, one parallell, 4 more USB)
suppose to convert USB to rs-232 com ports. Havent tried it yet but the SIIG
board sound much better.

I have WX on Com 1, TNC on Com 2, and that is all I have.  What I am looking
at doing is

TNC Port 1 APRS Teresstrial Igate
TNC Port 2 ISS  Igate
New Com port 1 DDE for computer control Sat antennas
New Com port 2  DSP-2232 for PCSAT Igate as it is 2m up and 70 cm down.

I am a little ambisious I guess but I love the birds and would like to help
with APRS on the ISS, PCSAT1 and 2 and if LO-10 goes back I would like run
those using wisp.

Fun Fun Fun ----- I just built and interface so when ISS is AOS runs a small
program and turns on the Alinco DR-1200T then at LOS it shuts it off.  My
Igate package is on Solar and 5 batteries for last two years and like it as
if I am on fire and power goes the system remains operational.. Solar system
also powers the 2.4 GHZ internet link so it stays on.  Just having fun
playing..

Cheers and Happy Holidays to you and yours.