Re: Re: FM vs. Linear on LEOs

Andre v Schayk <andre@pe1rdw.demon.nl> wrote:

>maybe if we ask the manufactors often enough they will bring out a
>portable dualband allmode tranciever with sat mode.

The manufacturers will not produce a radio for which
they do not perceive a market. Is there one?

Us amateurs, on the other hand, can make any radio
we want. A few watts of SSB, even at 70cm, is hardly
a major technical feat. If you want it, plug in your
soldering iron and go for it.

Grid: CN89mg                       pied a terre..."
ICBM: 49 16.05 N 122 56.92 W     - Hospital/Shafte