Re: Wish list (was RE: FM on ssb/cw designed hamsats)

Sincerely I don't think 70cm and upper bands are the easiest for uplink.
Common V/U setups are not enough strong for satelites operations
expecially for those living in not good locations (mountains,
etc....).

I lived for years in such "bad" locations and I found:

strong sigs in Vhf, medium on 29Mhz, easy uplink from hf and quite bad
sigs on 70cm.

I would definitely prefer to have perhaps some uplinks on 29Mhz or
144Mhz than on 70cm where, expecially with HEOs, the visibility
home-bird is very important.

Newbie sat specs: Mode A, K or T ! (Most of us started with RS12/13/15)

73
Fabio
F5VKV