Re: FM on ssb/cw designed hamsats

Hello all,
I think I have to clarify an important point here, which has been missed:

Hamsats are *not* a service to 'customers'.. they are experimental amateur
radio projects, which should encourage experiments and increase technical
expertise of radio amaters.

FM is neither experimental nor does it require any operator to beef up its
skills or station.. if you are not capable to work an SSB transponder,
just wait for the next FM sat pass, there are plenty around. But if you
are really willing to invest something (and here I speak about time and
brains as SSB rigs are second-hand cheaply available), you will be
delighted by this experience and the support you will get by fellow
operators.

My two cents... flaming? Yes please, HB9 ist getting freezy right now :)

73s Achim, DH2VA/HB9DUN