RE: POSAT Status?

Hi Keith

> A while ago, there was a great deal of fanfare that, at long last, the
> Amateur Radio transponders on POSAT (PO-28) would be turned on and the
> satellite would then be turned over to the Amateur Satellite Service.
>
> Has this happened yet?

The hold up is that we are waiting for the legal documentation to be signed,
sealed and delivered. The legal aspects of handing over command are quite
complicated, as it is a consortium that owns POSAT, and culpability in the
event of a problem needs to be clearly defined. We are relying on the
goodwill of the lawyers as they are doing it gratis.

"Real soon now" is the best I can give you, but it might be as soon as the
next few weeks.

73, Howard G6LVB