From: owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org] On Behalf
Of Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 10:54 PM
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] ISS

 Maybe this is what you are looking for?
> This is when you can transmit on 437.800+- Doppler and receive on
> 145.800 this is the crossband repeater.

If the packet station is left unattended for long period why the crossband
repeater cannot be put in service and left unattended for some period of
days? as per some specific schedule publish on ISS web site or elsewhere?

I already ask this question on ARISS-BB but could be no one is listening
there :) The last time i heard ISS in this configuration i was submerge
under a lot of information request from folks who wants to know how they can
do this "space machine" and if they can work it with their rubber duckies
because they hear it as loud as our local repeater...

I don't remember any satellite so crowded. Not too hard to create satellite
activity and it is a cheap way to promote satellites with newbies!

My explanation: it is too demanding on the transmitter as he remain in
transmit near all the time when ISS is over populated area!

I'm could be wrong here but...

"-"
"It is not the class of license the amateur holds, but the class of the
amateur that holds the license."

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
AMSAT 33583
www.qsl.net/ve2dwe