From: owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org] On Behalf
Of jean-claude.aveni
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2005 8:38 AM
To: AMSAT-BB
Subject: Re [amsat-bb] SuitSat Delay

Hello friends

All,

I have received information that the Russian EVA that will deploy SuitSat,
planned for December 8, has been delayed to late January/Early February.
As we get more information, we will post it.

Thanks,

Frank H. Bauer, KA3HDO
AMSAT V.P. for Human Spaceflight Programs ARISS International Chairman

abstract from JSR-556 Jonathan McDowell (2005 Nov  8)

The Expedition 12 crew of Bill McArthur and Valeriy Tokarev made a spacewalk
on Nov 7. The airlock reached 240 mbar at around 1429 UTC, but because of a
valve left in an incorrect position, the pressure did not drop below 130
mbar and at 1448 UTC the airlock was repressurized. I count this as a
`partial depressurization' only and not as a full EVA.
After opening the crew lock door and resetting the valve, the airlock was
depressurized again, reaching 50 mbar at 1527 UTC. The airlock hatch was
opened at 1529 UTC, with the spacesuits on battery power at 1532 UTC.
McArthur and Tokarev emerged at 1544 and 1550 UTC respectively. The first
task was to take a camera from the airlock and a camera support assembly
from the ESP-2 storage platform, and install them at the far end of the P1
truss segment (a similar camera is already at the end of S1). At 1800 UTC
they headed for the other end of the truss to remove a failed rotary joint
motor controller on S1; by 1836 UTC, after returning to the airlock, they
set off for the top of the P6 tower to remove the failed FPP experiment. At
1920 McArthur threw the FPP (Floating Potential Probe) into space, where it
is now being tracked in a 338 x
346 km orbit. After returning to the truss and replacing a power module on
the mobile transporter, the astronauts  went back to the airlock.
Tokarev went inside at 2025 UTC followed by McArthur at 2035 UTC. The hatch
was closed at 2046 UTC with repressurization at 2054 UTC, for a duration of
5h27m (depress/repress), 5h17m (hatch open/close) or 5h22m (NASA rule).

Reasonable interpretation ?

73  Jean-Claude  tk5gh