From: "Mark L. Hammond" <mlhammond@charter.net>
To: "Ken Shutt" <k5guu@amsat.org>; <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2005 1:09 AM
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Satellite Transciever

> Ken,
>
> Well, do you want the rig for some HF activity or not?  That's a pretty
big difference right there...160M to 1.2GHz?  Pretty slick in a small box!

> Another thought---I've installed a 38k4 packet receive board (from Symek)
in my TS-2000X, and it works great.  It fits internally and was an easy mod
(relatively speaking ;-) ) Not sure, but I thought the IC-910 was more
challenging and/or an external mount of the board?  Could be wrong--Symek's
site has the details.

> I wanted the HF and have no regrets with the TS-2000X.  Well, okay, the
birdie is a pain, but with a good mast mounted preamp and a bit of clever
tuning, you can sort of work around it.