Re: Satellite Transciever

Ken,

Well, do you want the rig for some HF activity or not?  That's a pretty big difference right there...160M to 1.2GHz?  Pretty slick in a small box!

Another thought---I've installed a 38k4 packet receive board (from Symek) in my TS-2000X, and it works great.  It fits internally and was an easy mod (relatively speaking ;-) ) Not sure, but I thought the IC-910 was more challenging and/or an external mount of the board?  Could be wrong--Symek's site has the details.

I wanted the HF and have no regrets with the TS-2000X.  Well, okay, the birdie is a pain, but with a good mast mounted preamp and a bit of clever tuning, you can sort of work around it.

Would I get it again?  Sure would!

73,

Mark N8MH

At 03:29 PM 11/20/2005 -0600, Ken Shutt wrote:
>All,
>
>I am planning to replace my trusty and faithful FT-736R.  It is with much
>reluctance and hesitation that I undertake this endevor.  I am considering
>either a TS-2000X or an IC-910H.  I would appreciate comments on the relative
>merits of these rigs.  I understand that the TS-2000X has some birdies in the
>satellite bands.  Also, 1.2 Ghz xmit capability is a must.  Any comments or
>suggestions will be appreciated.
>
>73 de Ken, K5GUU
>----

Mark L. Hammond  [N8MH]