Re: Satellite Transciever

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ken Shutt
  To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
  Sent: Sunday, November 20, 2005 3:29 PM
  Subject: Satellite Transciever

  Results to date:

  IC-910                    1
  TS-2000X                2
  FT-736R (keep)        1

  Still undecided but leaning toward TS-2000X.

  73 de Ken - K5GUU

  All,

  I am planning to replace my trusty and faithful FT-736R.  It is with much
reluctance and hesitation that I undertake this endevor.  I am considering
either a TS-2000X or an IC-910H.  I would appreciate comments on the relative
merits of these rigs.  I understand that the TS-2000X has some birdies in the
satellite bands.  Also, 1.2 Ghz xmit capability is a must.  Any comments or
suggestions will be appreciated.

  73 de Ken, K5GUU