Re: Satellite Transciever

Hi Ken,

On 20-Nov-05, at 3:00 AM, Ken Shutt wrote:

> I am planning to replace my trusty and faithful FT-736R.  It is
> with much
> reluctance and hesitation that I undertake this endevor.  I am
> considering
> either a TS-2000X or an IC-910H.  I would appreciate comments on
> the relative
> merits of these rigs.  I understand that the TS-2000X has some
> birdies in the
> satellite bands.  Also, 1.2 Ghz xmit capability is a must.  Any
> comments or
> suggestions will be appreciated.
>
> 73 de Ken, K5GUU

We have used both the TS-2000 and the IC-910 extensively on the SSPBD
Satellite gateway.

<http://www.dogparksoftware.com/mdpxgateway.html>

Compared to the TS-2000 - the IC-910 was deaf and off frequency.

You should probably do an A/B comparison at the radio store in case
we were using a faulty IC-910.

Your mileage may very.

73 Don Agro VE3VRW