RE: Cubesat transponder

Hello Luc / Domenico

I believe your right, it would be easy to build a transponder into a  cubesat
type package. Problem is, no university is interested in transponders.
Perhaps one of the national AMSAT organisations could encourage a group of
students / academics by sponsoring the project.

The general idea has much potential. Gravity gradient boom (also acting as
antenna) to keep the satellite pointing in the right direction over both
hemispheres, small patch antennas would fit nicely (2.4 / 5.6G) Although you  would
probably need a flip up solar panel to add to the power budget of a 10cm
cube.

Sighhhhh........So many ideas, so little time.

Regards

David

p.s.  I've seen the on line price list of Cal Poly cubesat parts. I  wonder
what the launch cost is?

luclebla@sorel-tracy.qc.ca writes:

> Congratulation for your job because you demostrates that to
>  build a transponder and make it to fly in the space can be "EASY"
>
> 73" de
>
> i8CVS Domenico
> ----

I don't  know if William is willing to publish his schematic and construction
notes but  it will be surely a big push and help for those who are skilled in
electronic  EG:
students and few hams. Should i read here there is no more excuses to  don't
have a linear transponder in the next cube sats? I copy the beacon  saturday
and signal is
excellent i don't know if both transponder are at  the same TX power?