HAMSAT over West Malaysia at 0352Z

Hello All,

This morning, I had a 55 degrees elevation pass of Hamsat over West
Malaysia.  Signals of the CW beacon on 145.860 +/- were very strong, and it
was heard at only 1 degree elevation, just when the satellite came above the
horizon.

Tried to uplink SSB and the return signal were very strong.  Only about 10
watts or less power was required for a very clean downlink.  Unfortunately,
no one was on this pass.  I hope to get some QSOs at passes tonight.

The following is the CW message copied on 145.860 +/-:

hi hi hi this is vusat with the dutch mode uv transponder made by william
leijenaar 73 de pe1rah

Equipment used: ICOM IC-910H, 10 element yagi for 2M (no preamp), 11 element
quad for 70 CM. (Both antenna has vertical polarization)

73,
Sion Chow Q. C.,
9W2QC.