HAMSAT over West Malaysia at 0352Z

Hello All,

This morning, I had a 55 degrees elevation pass of Hamsat over West
Malaysia.  Signals of the CW beacon on 145.860 +/- were very strong, and it
was heard at only 1 degree elevation, just when the satellite came above the

Tried to uplink SSB and the return signal were very strong.  Only about 10
watts or less power was required for a very clean downlink.  Unfortunately,
no one was on this pass.  I hope to get some QSOs at passes tonight.

The following is the CW message copied on 145.860 +/-:

hi hi hi this is vusat with the dutch mode uv transponder made by william
leijenaar 73 de pe1rah

Equipment used: ICOM IC-910H, 10 element yagi for 2M (no preamp), 11 element
quad for 70 CM. (Both antenna has vertical polarization)

Sion Chow Q. C.,