RE: From VE5SWL - Dutch Transponder TLM

Hi Emily,

Only real AMSAT-spirit hams know the "HI HI HI"
tradition :o)
I wanted to have my transponder for all hams in the
world, as a real amateur radio, and I knew a CW beacon
had to be included, not only for identification but
also for hams that can only receive.

The beacon message is not just a message I think out
in 2 seconds.
Actually it was quit a challenge as the memory space
was small, and I also didn't want to have a too long
message.

How I came to the message:
--------------------------
"HI HI HI"          = The OSCAR telemetry tradition...
"THIS IS VUSAT"     = For identification of the
satellite
"Dutch Transponder" = To know which transponder is
switched on
"William Leijenaar" = My name to avoid others to take
my credits
"73 PE1RAH"         = My 73s to all radio amateurs in
the world

The message is done in morse code, so every ham in the
world can decode it with the ear and without the use
of a modem, computer or special software that never
works haha.
Just KISS (Keep It Stupid Simple)

Maybe some idea for future multi-band and multi-mode
satellites to let them send the active mode in a CW
coded message. Like for AO-40 you needed to have a PC
with soundcard only to know in what mode it was. Same
for AO-51, you need to check on internet for its mode.

Just an idea to think about :o)

73 de PE1RAH
William Leijenaar
---