HAMSAT1 S9+ in FN33AQ

First chance I had to listen for the new HAMSAT1 UV transponder here on the east coast of North America, on the 14:41 UTC Thursday Nov 17 pass. Heard and copied the CW beacon about 2.5 KHz higher then I expected at 145.865.670 MHz at AOS. Signal strength was good, a S5 at AOS and only 3 degrees elevation here.

After coping the CW text message by ear and writing it down the old fashion way, by hand, I switched over to the transponder. My own down-link signal was just spectacular to say the least. After a few CQ's was able to have a nice exchange with Joe, K3SZH. S9 plus signal from the sat at all times, on a max elevation pass of 19 degrees using my Arrow dual band handheld beam.

Just a super signal and congratulation William, PE1RAH, on a job well done. Enjoyed your beacon message. Look forward to may Q's on the transponder in the future.

73 Keith N4ZQ/2
FN33aq

Blog at http://www.qrz.com/n4zq