Fw: HAMSAT(VO52)- Dutch Transponder now 'ON'

 Message from VU2WMY

 Hi all,
          CONTRATS WILLIAMS, PE1RAH. Your long wait is over.

 As a member of the Payload On Orbit Testing & Evaluation team and on
 behalf of Raghavendra VU3GTI(Committee member), I wish to inform with
 great pleasure that the second payload ( Dutch transponder built by
 William PE1RAH) was switched ON this morning at 10:34 hrs IST.
     The Command for payload switch over from the Indian to the Dutch
 transponder was issued from ISTRAC (ISRO Tracking Ranging and Command
 Network) Bangalore.
     Again it was VU2POP, the first station for me to work through the
 Dutch Transponder from ISTRAC.Congrats to you POP. Of course, I managed
 to work VU2GUR Guru and VU2RMS Ramesh also during the testing. The CW
 message beacon was really strong.The second pass was also monitored and
 the initial measurements and the test results indicates the normal
 performance.
     In the mean time, we look farward the feedbacks from the Hams all
 over the World and the same can be posted on the Amsat-India web site.
 Two of my collegues Amal VU2GDX and Durai VU2DUC were also with us in
 the control room during this great event.    On behalf of the entire
 HAMSAT project team in ISRO, I thank William PE1RAH (Dutch Transponder
 designer), members &  office bearers of AMSAT-INDIA OM Suby VU2UV
 President, Ramesh VU2RMS Vice-President, Prathap (POP) VU2POP Secretary
 , Kumar VU2BGS and all others who contributed to this project for this
 grand sucess. I also thank Project Director Mr. J.P.Gupta and the
 entire ISRO team for the jop done well.

                      73 de Mani.VU2WMY
                      Secretary & Station-In-Charge
                      Upagrah Amateur Radio Club. VU2URC