Dutch Transponder switched on at HAMSAT-1

Dear AMSATs,

This morning I woke up some earlier than normal to
listen to the HAMSAT-1 (VO-52) downlink, to hear if my
transponder was switched on.

Tuning on 145.860MHz I could clearly hear the CW
beacon with the message I programmed in it. The whole
CW beacon and transponder survived those 6 months in
space without any problems :o)

I had only a short pass off ~2 minutes, but I was able
to check the main signals and I even worked ES1RF. He
is my first station via my own transponder in space,
many thanks to him for all the waiting.

I hope you all have lot of fun with it and can use it
for your experiments and qso's.

Please also listen to the CW beacon on 145.860MHz.

73 de PE1RAH
William Leijenaar
---