RE: Arianespace - Spaceway 2 and Telkom 2

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 23:27:21 Peter Guelzow wrote

>Dear All,

>the next Ariane 5 launch with the new ECA upper stage is scheduled within the
>following launch window:

>KOUROU: From 08:46p.m. to 09:31p.m. on November 16, 2005.

>GMT: From 23:46 to 00:31 on November 16-17, 2005.

>PARIS: From 00:46a.m. to 01:31a.m. on November 17, 2005.

>WASHINGTON: From 07:46p.m. to 08:31p.m. on November 16, 2005.

>Follow the launch live on the internet:

>73s Peter, DB2OS

>From ESA news reel in brief

Ariane 5 ECA launch a success - Boosts record payload into orbit.During the night of Wednesday, November 16 to Thursday, November 17, Arianespace placed two satellites into
geostationary transfer orbit: it was the 20th successful Ariane 5 launch, 10th in a row, record payload

Today’s mission sets a new record for commercial launches: with over 8,000 kg injected into orbit, the 2 satellites represent the heaviest dual payload
ever launched. Today, Ariane 5 is the only commercial launcher in service capable of simultaneously launching two payloads. Ariane 5 ECA offers a payload capacity of nearly
10,000 kg into geostationary transfer orbit,

Today’s mission was the 20th successful launch of an Ariane 5, and the 10th successful launch in a row.

If you go on the embarked camera link you will see how fast this rocket is flying. I hope the film is not accelerated ..:) i never see a rocket reaching an orbit so fast

"It is not the class of license the amateur holds, but the class of the amateur that holds the license."

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
AMSAT 33583