RE: Arianespace - Spaceway 2 and Telkom 2

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 23:27:21 Peter Guelzow wrote

>Dear All,

>the next Ariane 5 launch with the new ECA upper stage is scheduled within the
>following launch window:

>KOUROU: From 08:46p.m. to 09:31p.m. on November 16, 2005.

>GMT: From 23:46 to 00:31 on November 16-17, 2005.

>PARIS: From 00:46a.m. to 01:31a.m. on November 17, 2005.

>WASHINGTON: From 07:46p.m. to 08:31p.m. on November 16, 2005.

>Follow the launch live on the internet:
>http://www.videocorner.tv/index.php?langue=en

>73s Peter, DB2OS

>From ESA news reel in brief

Ariane 5 ECA launch a success - Boosts record payload into orbit.During the night of Wednesday, November 16 to Thursday, November 17, Arianespace placed two satellites into
geostationary transfer orbit: it was the 20th successful Ariane 5 launch, 10th in a row, record payload

Today’s mission sets a new record for commercial launches: with over 8,000 kg injected into orbit, the 2 satellites represent the heaviest dual payload
ever launched. Today, Ariane 5 is the only commercial launcher in service capable of simultaneously launching two payloads. Ariane 5 ECA offers a payload capacity of nearly
10,000 kg into geostationary transfer orbit,

Today’s mission was the 20th successful launch of an Ariane 5, and the 10th successful launch in a row.

If you go on the embarked camera link you will see how fast this rocket is flying. I hope the film is not accelerated ..:) i never see a rocket reaching an orbit so fast
.

"-"
"It is not the class of license the amateur holds, but the class of the amateur that holds the license."

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
AMSAT 33583
www.qsl.net/ve2dwe