off toppic -- multipath doppler??

All:

Sorry about the off topic question...

While working a local station on two meter CW (about 12 miles away), we
noticed what seemes like multi-path with momentary "blips" of doppler shift
(about 100hz). This happens both ways.

To the best of my knowledge, doppler is not associated with multi-path
unless the reflecting objects are in motion. The only things I can think of
is meteor or airplane scatter.

Having worked meteor scatter on 2 meters before, the signal strength and
number of random meteors needed to match this situation seems unlikely.

Airplane scatter seems possible, but it happens so often duing a QSO, there
would have to be a lot of them overhead, all the time :  ).

So, is it possible for multi-path signals on 2 meters to show doppler
without being caused by something in motion? I have a recording of the
signal if anyone would like to hear it.

Thanks,

73, Tony KT2Q