AO-51 Satellites Schedule for 25th Asia Pacific Scout Jamboree 2005

Hello KO4MA, VE3NPC, W0SL, KE4AZN

During 28 December 2005  3 January 2006, Thailand would be the host of
25th Asia Pacific Scout Jamboree 2005 at Had Tao, Sattahip, Chonburi. see
more information at http://www.aprjam25.org/

In this event, we would have the communication between special portable HAM
radio station, with allowance from National Telecommunication Commission of
Thailand (NTC), with special callsign E25AJ to communicate with all HAM in
Thailand and international. The highlight event would be the direct
communication between E25AJ station with an crew on International Space
Station (ISS) by HAM radio frequency 145 MHz VHF Band.

Thailand Amateur Radio Satellites Corporate (TAMSAT) has an opportunity to
join this event as helping scouts to use portable HAM radio station E25AJ
QSO via Low Earth Orbit Satellites (LEO). As we found, at the present, LEO
Satellites with excellent efficiency is only AO-51 that is belong to yours.
The efficiency would be best when using in High Power mode as we can found
from 22 Oct 2005 14:10 UTC E20QVD QSO with 9W2QC HAM of Malaysia with very
low power 1 Watt
RF power and from 23 Oct 2005 02:30 UTC HS1JAN and E20QVD QSO with HAM of
Japan, HAM of China and HAM of Thailand with only 5 Watts.

Therefore, as we found the AO-51 Schedule that announced on
http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/echo/ControlTeam.php says that after 19 Dec
2005 the mode of working will be FM Repeater, V/U and 9k6 Digital, V/U, PBP
BBS. Since the record of communication via AO-51 satellite
in Thailand, including the announcement of frequency usage from NTC that
allows to receive at 435  438 MHz UHF frequency band only, cannot transmit
and the Transceiver that can set the PL Tone in Thailand are very few, we
used to communicate with this satellite by receiving through Satellites
Gateway Station that use the signal received from Transceiver through UHF to
VHF Hamtronic Downconvertor to let the signal out by VOIP Echolink program
at conference room HS0AC or room CHANG, then HAM of Thailand received the
signal from link that connected in conference to on air in many parts of
Thailand.

Therefore, with these loads of problem, TAMSAT Group would like to ask you
that controlling AO-51 for your help by changing mode of AO-51 Satellites to
be FM repeater, V/U High Power mode and No PL Tone or mode during 28 Dec
2005 to 3 Jan 2006 as followed :-

28 Dec 2005 - 3 Jan 2006
FM Repeater, V/U High Power Mode
Uplink: 145.920 mhz FM, No PL Tone
Downlink 435.300 mhz FM
FM Repeater, V/U High Power Mode
Uplink: 145.880 mhz FM, No PL Tone
Downlink 435.150 mhz FM

Your kindly help would be very appreciated and most helpful for this event.
Thank you very much in advance.

Best Regards, QRU 73 DE Tanan Rangseeprom, HS1JAN and TAMSAT Group
e-mail : hs1jan@tamsat.org , web : http://www.tamsat.org or
http://echolink.station.in.th