AO-51 Satellites Schedule for 25th Asia Pacific Scout Jamboree 2005

Hello Amsat VP-Operations For AO-51 Operations Group (KO4MA, VE3NPC, W0SL,
KE4AZN)

During 28 December 2005  3 January 2006, Thailand would be the host of
25th Asia Pacific Scout Jamboree 2005 at Had Tao, Sattahip, Chonburi.
see more information at http://www.aprjam25.org/

In this event, we would have the communication between special portable
HAM radio station, with allowance from National Telecommunication Commission
of Thailand (NTC), with special callsign E25AJ to communicate with all HAM
in Thailand
and international. The highlight event would be the direct communication
between
E25AJ station with an crew on International Space Station (ISS) by HAM radio
frequency 145 MHz VHF Band.

Thailand Amateur Radio Satellites Corporate (TAMSAT) has an opportunity to
join
this event as helping scouts to use portable HAM radio station E25AJ QSO via
Low Earth Orbit Satellites (LEO). As we found, at the present, LEO
Satellites
with excellent efficiency is only AO-51 that is belong to yours. The
efficiency
would be best when using in High Power mode as we can found from 22 Oct 2005
14:10 UTC E20QVD QSO with 9W2QC HAM of Malaysia with very low power 1 Watt
RF power and from 23 Oct 2005 02:30 UTC HS1JAN and E20QVD QSO with HAM
of Japan, HAM of China and HAM of Thailand with only 5 Watts.

Therefore, as we found the AO-51 Schedule that announced on
http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/echo/ControlTeam.php
says that after 19 Dec 2005 the mode of working will be FM Repeater, V/U and
9k6 Digital, V/U, PBP BBS. Since the record of communication via AO-51
satellite
in Thailand, including the announcement of frequency usage from NTC that
allows to
receive at 435  438 MHz UHF frequency band only, cannot transmit and the
Transceiver
that can set the PL Tone in Thailand are very few, we used to communicate
with
this satellite by receiving through Satellites Gateway Station that use the
signal
received from Transceiver through UHF to VHF Hamtronic Downconvertor to let
the signal
out by VOIP Echolink program at conference room HS0AC or room CHANG, then
HAM
of Thailand received the signal from link that connected in conference to on
air in many
parts of Thailand.

Therefore, with these loads of problem, TAMSAT Group would like to ask you
that controlling
AO-51 for your help by changing mode of AO-51 Satellites to be FM repeater,
V/U High Power mode and No PL Tone or mode during 28 Dec 2005 to 3 Jan 2006
as followed :-

28 Dec 2005 - 3 Jan 2006
FM Repeater, V/U High Power Mode
Uplink: 145.920 mhz FM, No PL Tone
Downlink 435.300 mhz FM
FM Repeater, V/U High Power Mode
Uplink: 145.880 mhz FM, No PL Tone
Downlink 435.150 mhz FM

Your kindly help would be very appreciated and most helpful for this event.
Thank you very much in advance.

Best Regards, QRU 73 DE Tanan Rangseeprom, HS1JAN and TAMSAT Group
e-mail : hs1jan@tamsat.org , web : http://www.tamsat.org or
http://echolink.station.in.th