RE: 2.4 GHz downlink

Hi Rob,

I haven't seen this on VS, but on AO-40's mode US I often had a problem with
my uplink echoing off a tree that I sometimes had to shoot through.  The
receive dish and 70cm uplink are inches from each other, but they never had
a problem until they were pointed through the tree.  What sort of
downconverter are you using?  What IF frequency?  If you are going up and
down on 2 meters, that could be a problem.

Meanwhile, I worked two passes last night on AO-51.  First pass was very
rough, weak signals, lots of fading.  But I managed to work Leo and Marc -
W7JPI and KD5MSS.  Found out my antenna is no longer pointed where I though
it was, by about 15 degrees.  Next pass I corrected for the offset and had
really strong signals, but had the entire bird to myself.  Where'd everybody
go?

Greg  KO6TH