Re: TrakBox Help Needed or advise on USB Sat Controller

Amsat'ers and Don:

One of the interesting things about this hobby is diversity.  Almost
infinite diversity.  Another interesting thing is humanity.  Our hobby
is a human enterprise,   with limited diversity.   Because, long time
ago, I invested $ and mental and physical resources to KCT to make it
work in my system, I never investigated TrakBox and, I admit, erased
most amsat-bb references to it from my e-mail program.

Your post has sparked my interest. As you note, TrakBox is a
stand-alone.  And is another solution I may be interested in.  Thanks
for your contribution.  This is what I like about the amsat-bb, real
exchange of ideas (if only we could get rid of the flames, not
necessarily the flame-throwers, just the flames).  Still, it must be
said that to do alot of the "extra" stuff ham radio is all about we do
not need the newest, biggest, fastest computer out there.

AO-51 is in V/S mode this AM and I have a new S band setup ready, thanks
to the helix feed W7LRD made available to the ham community.  I put it
on a 3 ft dish I happen to have.  It tested well, now we shall see what
it can hear in real life.

Jip, W8MRR
AMSAT 5512