RE: Digital modes

Regarding the Packet output on the rear of various receivers, unless the
specifications for your radio says that the packet audio output from the
receiver is capable of being used at 9600bps, then I doubt it will work
at 9600bps.  Usually this output is for 1200bps and slower data rates.
However, some later radios do have 9600bps outputs on them.  If your
radio does not have a 9600 bps capable output you will have to go into
the radio and take 9600 bps audio directly from the FM discriminator
circuit.  There have been several articles written over the years for
some specific radios.  The IC475 and IC970 being two of them.  I can
furnish the mods for these two radios.

--
Roy -- W0SL