Re: TrakBox Help Needed or advise on USB Sat Controller

AMSAT'ers:

I heartily 2nd this idea.  As those "old, obsolete, slow" (it seems that
anything less than 1ghz and XP falls into this catagory) get dumped, a
lot of computing power goes , too.  Yep, it's gotta have a ISA
motherboard, not all that tough to find.  I put together a great
tracking setup using two boxes with 128 megs and 256 megs of memory,
pentium 266mhz and 450 mhz, W98se, 19 " monitors for nothing (including
network cards for internet access and sharing files with another faster
computer)  This also includes lots of capacity to to do sound card stuff
with weather sats, SSTV, Packet, Aprs, telemetry and on and on. Like
George says "be a scavenger" and you'll even impress yourself what can
be don with "old stuff" My only cost was for the KCT and the neat
software we can pick up from AMSAT and other sources and a 9600 modem
and , of course my 4 port router/hub I needed anyway.

Jip,  W8MRR
Amsat 5512,  low numbers translate to old geezers.