Suitsat SSTV signal

David,

Yes, we have set the SuitSat-1 downlink to be the same as the Packet
uplink.  The ARISS/Human Spaceflight team have a very limited set of
frequencies in the 2 meter OSCAR sub-band (145.80-146 MHz).  145.99 is one
of them.

As Miles Mann, WF1F, described, we will be reconfiguring the Kenwood D700E
from packet mode.  Our tentative plan is to set the D700 into a repeater
mode with that will enable the ISS radio to repeat the Suitsat audio on 70
cm, specifically, 437.80 MHz.

All hams are requested to refrain from uplinking packet (or voice) on
145.99 during Suitsat operations.  This will allow you and your local
neighbors to better hear the SuitSat downlink.  SuitSat will only be
operational for a few days.....we all would like to get the most of its
operations.  So please due your best to abide by this plan.

We will continue to provide late-breaking information on SuitSat plans on
the following web sites.  Please check them often.  And get your stations
ready to copy the audio, voice telemetry, and SSTV picture.

www.amsat.org

www.rac.ca/ariss

73,  Frank H. Bauer, KA3HDO
AMSAT V.P. for Human Spaceflight Programs
ARISS International Chairman