Re: TrakBox Help Needed or advise on USB Sat

On Nov 13, 2005, at 9:36, Peter Gayle wrote:

> If not, I would be curious in hearing comments about which USB based
> controller to get.

If you're handy with a soldering iron, check out the LVB (Las Vegas
Boulevard) Tracker at this URL:

It's a kit, has options for USB and Ethernet as well as traditional
RS-232 interfacing. It emulates the Yaesu GS-232 controller, so most
software can deal with it. A kit of parts (less case) is available
from AMSAT-UK at a pretty reasonable price:

DISCLAIMER: I bought mine several months ago, but have not built it
yet. If all goes well I will have it done this week. I just put my
satellite antennas back up this morning, but other time commitments
for today are starting to pile up. Hopefully, I'll be back on the
birds by next weekend.

John AA2BN
AMSAT-NA #22683